Having basic knowledge about your air conditioning system can help you resolve any temporary issues that might arise to avoid further damage. If the problems persist even after taking precautionary measures, you might need to make an emergency phone call to AC repair in Rowlett, TX.
A Baez Heating and Air Conditioning expert technician will quickly and efficiently help you troubleshoot your AC system.
How Does an Air Conditioning System Work?
There are four essential components inside the AC system working in harmony to provide efficient air services:
- Expansion unit
A refrigerant is a chemical fluid that flows from compressor to evaporator in continuous cycles. Each component works on the refrigerant and causes transformation to enable cooling.
A compressor is an electric pump that turns the refrigerant into a low-pressure and low-temperature liquid that flows to the condenser.
The refrigerant liquid travels through the condenser coils and transfers heat to the air. The blower transfers all the heat collected by the refrigerant to the outer environment.
The expansion valve adjusts the amount of liquid refrigerant flowing through the evaporator coils.
Then, the cold liquid refrigerant passes through the evaporator coil, where the refrigerant cools down the heat from the surrounding air. The process continues until a component gets exhausted.
Effective Ways to Troubleshoot AC System
Here are some ways to effectively troubleshoot the problems before the AC service expert in Rowlett, TX comes and checks the issue:
- Restart The AC System: If you find your AC providing insufficient services, restart the AC system.
Step 1: Switch off the AC.
Step 2: Locate the reset button from the AC manual and press it.
Step 3: Wait for 5 minutes before turning on the AC system
Step 4: Turn on the AC system.
- Replace The Batteries In The Thermostat: If you find that the AC system is not responding to the thermostat settings or thermostat sensors are not working, try replacing the batteries before buying a new thermostat.
- Check The Condensate Drain And Pan: If you find water leaking from your AC, open the AC outdoor system, and check whether there are cracks or wreckages in the condensate pan. Consult the technician of AC maintenance in Wylie, TX, before using any sealant to cover the gap.
Also, check the drainage pipe for any water-clogging signs. Take a long bristle brush to clean the blockage and clear the path. After the water is clean, pour baking soda and vinegar to clean it.
- Clean The Vents And Air Filter: If there is more dust in your surroundings than before, or there are cold or hot spot issues, try to clean the vents, condenser fins, and air filter.
- Check The Outdoor Unit: If your AC is not blowing air from the vents, check whether the outdoor unit condenser or compressor is working or not.